Swiss Federal Institute of Sports Magglingen SFISM
The Swiss Federal Institute of Sports Magglingen SFISM is one of Switzerland’s leading training and further education institutions for sport. It offers full-time Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes and additional part-time studies. The study programmes in Magglingen provide basic knowledge at Bachelor’s level and specialised knowledge at Master’s level in various sports science disciplines. There is a strong focus on the practical skills needed for a range of sports-based activities and career paths.
The SFISM also conducts application-based research and development in the field of sports, providing services to the next generation of top-class sportsmen and women. As a university of applied sciences, the SFISM is affiliated to the BFH and part of the Federal Office of Sport FOSPO; it forms an important part of the Magglingen umbrella organisation covering sports policy, sports promotion and sports science in Switzerland.
Possible career paths after studying at SFISM:
- BSc SFISM: Qualified non-school-based sports trainer (in sports clubs and sports federations, sports offices and commercial leisure and fitness centres etc.)
- MSc in Elite Sport: Wide-ranging careers in the field of elite sport (competitive sports manager in sports federations, sports training expert, team and event manager etc.)
- MSc in Sports Science in collaboration with the University of Fribourg
- Teaching: Training to work as a qualified sports teacher at Swiss secondary school level
- Health and research: Work in the area of prevention and/or exercise-based research
For more information, visit: www.ehsm.ch
Professionals can benefit from a broad range of continuing education options in Sport. Various MAS, DAS and CAS study programmes as well as numerous specialist courses and seminars provide extensive opportunities for knowledge consolidation, specialisation and further development.
Furthermore, the SFISM offers students of kinesiology and/or sport science at the universities and the ETH Zurich specific training modules, so-called Academic Weeks, each summer.