Summer School Mont-Soleil
Bern University of Applied Sciences organizes in collaboration with Société Mont-Soleil and the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne the PhD Summer School Mont-Soleil from 12. – 16./17.8.2018 in Switzerland. The topic of the PhD Summer School is “Field-Based Insights into the Implementation of Renewable Energies“.
12.08.2019 bis 17.08.2019 – Bern, Mont-Soleil, Nidau, (Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch)
The course will take place at University of Bern, in the Mont-Soleil region and at the BFH Energy Storage Research Centre. The optional post conference program will take participants to Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch for a visit to the High Altitude Research Lab. We invite 24 excellent PhD and advanced master students from all over Europe to participate.
The summer PhD school will be held on Mont-Soleil above the city of Saint-Imier in the Western part of Switzerland. Production, distribution and application of renewable energies can be shown in a directly perceptible way since all adequate facilities are concentrated on and around Mont-Soleil in a unique manner. Lectures and workshops will take place in the visitor center, with top experts from internationally renowned universities as well as from industries in the field of renewable energies. Hotel accommodation will be organized in a unique mountain hotel on Mont-Soleil.
Check-in at University of Bern. Climate and Environmental Physics
Photovoltaics and Hydropower, Mont-Soleil
Electrical Grid Integration and Energy Storage
Energy Storage and Closing Ceremony
Optional: Transfer to Grindelwald, Glacier retreat and district heating
Optional: High Altitude Research Centre Jungfraujoch
- Dr. Martin Pfisterer, Co-chairman / President Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Prof. hon. Alfred Rufer, Co-chairman / EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Thomas Stocker, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Dr. Rudolf Minder, Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Dr. Jakob Vollenweider, Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Manuel Lanz, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Burgdorf, Switzerland
- Thomas Schott, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Burgdorf, Switzerland
- Christian Ochsenbein, technical engineer and member of the boat crew
- Dr. Mathieu Boccard, CSEM / EPFL, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Martin Bölli, Swiss Small Hydro Association, Switzerland
- Sara Koller, Meteotest, Bern, Switzerland
- Dr. Jiannong Fang, Wind Engineering and Renewable Energy Lab, EPFL, Switzerland
- Prof. Mario Paolone, Distributed Electric Systems Lab, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Drazen Dujic, Power Electronics Laboratory, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Michael Höckel, Power Systems Lab, Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Cédric Spielhofer, CEO Fromageries Spielhofer, Saint-Imier, Switzerland
- Dr. Andreas Hutter, PV-Center, CSEM, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Prof. Andrea Vezzini, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Prof. Markus Leuenberger, President, University of Berne, Switzerland
- Startdatum 12.08.2019
- Enddatum 17.08.2019
- Ort Bern, Mont-Soleil, Nidau, (Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch)
Only PhD and Master students will be admitted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Summer School.