Prof. Dr. Lukas Klaus Schoenenberger
Prof. Dr. Lukas Klaus Schoenenberger Dozent
Institut für G-ökonomie und G-politik
Health Care Management
- Since 2017 Professor in Health Care Management, Bern University of Applied Sciences
- 2015 - 2017 Postdoctoral Researcher in Complexity Management, University of Basel
- 2014 - 2015 Postdoctoral Researcher in Health Services Research, Duke-NUS Medical School Singapore
- 2011 - 2014 Lecturer in decision theory, University of Zurich
- 2011 - 2014 Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Zurich
- PhD in Business Administration, University of Zurich
- Master of Arts in Management, Technology, and Economics, ETH Zurich
- Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Bern
Projecting the impact of health policy changes for Swiss patients with chronic
conditions using simulation modeling (funded by SNF NRP 74)
Simulationbased strategy design to relieve emergency
care in Switzerland (proposal currently reviewed by Innosuisse)
Ansah, J. P., Matchar, D. B., Koh, V., Schoenenberger, L. (2018). Mapping the dynamic
complexity of chronic disease care in Singapore: using group model building in knowledge
elicitation. Systems Research and Behavioral Science, 35(6): 759-775.
Schoenenberger, L., Tanase, R. (2018). Controlling complex policy problems: a multimethodological
approach using system dynamics and network controllability. Journal of Simulation, 12(2):
Schoenenberger, L., Schmid, A., Ansah, J. P., Schwaninger, M. (2017). The challenge of model
complexity: improving the interpretation of large causal models through variety filters.
System Dynamics Review, 33(2): 112-137.
Schoenenberger, L., Bayer, S., Ansah, J. P., Matchar, D. B., Mohanavalli, R. L., Lam, S. S. W., Ong, M. E.
H. (2016). Emergency department crowding in Singapore: insights from a systems thinking
approach. SAGE Open Medicine, 4: 1-10.
Schoenenberger, L., Schmid, A., Schwaninger, M. (2015). Towards the algorithmic detection of
archetypal structures in system dynamics. System Dynamics Review, 31(1-2): 66-85.
Schoenenberger, L., Schenker-Wicki, A., Beck, M. (2014). Analysing terrorism from a systems thinking
perspective. Perspectives on Terrorism, 8(1): 16-36.
System Dynamics Society
Complex Systems Society
Grant awarded by Innosuisse, for the pilot study titled “Simulationbased strategy design to relieve emergency care in Switzerland”
Grant awarded by the SNF NRP 74, for the project titled “Projecting the impact of health policy changes for Swiss patients with chronic conditions using simulation modeling”
1-year scholarship at Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore, sponsored by the Emil Boral-Stiftung für Postgraduierte aus Österreich und der Schweiz
Best Poster Award, Methodology Thread, International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, Delft University of Technology, Delft, Netherlands, for the paper titled “Can system dynamics learn from social network analysis” with Andrea Schenker-Wicki