Coronavirus: Current information from the HKB
On this page you will find information from the Bern University of the Arts HKB on the effects of the coronavirus on HKB’s operations. In particular on the operation of the various divisions.
HKB protection concept Covid 19
The protection concept version 4 is no longer up-to-date and is currently being revised. The new protection concept version 5 will be published on Friday, 30 October.
As of 14 September 2020, the previous protection concept (valid since 7 July 2020) will be replaced. It summarizes the most important contents of the BFH framework protection concept and supplements it.
- The protection concept regulates these points in particular:
- Obligation to wear masks in the corridors, common areas, etc. of HKB buildings
- Obligation to wear masks for the public at events
- Increased distance of 2m between lecturers/performers and students/audience
- Possibility to go below the general minimum distance (1.5m) when wearing a mask
- Obligation to reserve practice rooms, classrooms and meeting rooms
Version 3 of the HKB protection concept remains valid until the start of the semester.
- The classrooms and rooms at the HKB Music are still open and accessible to students, but the strict rule of 1 person per room applies, subject to compliance with all coronavirus rules and hygiene measures.
- Teaching continues, lecturers have switched to distance learning and continue to supervise students to ensure teaching and learning performance.
Diploma Examinations and Concerts
- We expect to be able to hold all diploma examinations and concerts from the beginning of May, albeit certainly in a slightly different form than usual (possibly without an audience, etc.). There must be sufficient time for rehearsals and preparation. We are doing everything we can to ensure that students will be able to take a regular degree in 2020. Of course we follow the instructions of the authorities regarding public and private events.