Coronavirus: Current information from the HKB
On this page you will find information from the Bern University of the Arts HKB on the effects of the coronavirus on HKB’s operations. In particular on the operation of the various divisions.
HKB protection concept Covid 19
On 7 July 2020, the previous protection concept (in force since 6 June 2020) was replaced. It summarises and supplements the most important contents of the BFH protection concept. The validity ends with the beginning of the autumn semester 2020/21.
The new protection concept regulates these points:
- Federal hygiene and behaviour measures and the Covid-19 framework protection concept of the BFH
- Classroom teaching remains an exception
- Distance of 1,5m to other people
- Events (performances, concerts etc. also with external audience) up to 300 persons are possible
- Washing hands / Cleaning / Airing
- General behaviour
- Requirements for members of a risk group
HKB Conservation and Restoration
In the Conservation and Restoration Division courses take place online on the scheduled dates as far as possible. Besides Moodle, other platforms (e.g. Microsoft Teams) are also used. Some lectures take place via MS Teams.
Some courses depend directly on currently inaccessible resources (conservation studios, laboratory infrastructure, etc.) and have to be cancelled: As soon as a solution is foreseeable, students will be informed directly.
Enquiries to the department are best sent via email@example.com. The telephone in the department secretariat is manned for at least two hours a day.
HKB Continuing Education
Registration for the autumn semester 2020/21
You can already register for the courses in the autumn semester. We would be happy to advise you personally. Entrance examinations will take place, probably digitally.
To the current operation
In the HKB’s continuing education courses, teaching continues to take place in digital form.
For up-to-date information or questions about your continuing education programme, please contact the Director of Studies or the website of the individual programmes at hkb.bfh.ch/en/continuing-education.
- The classrooms and rooms at the HKB Music are still open and accessible to students, but the strict rule of 1 person per room applies, subject to compliance with all coronavirus rules and hygiene measures.
- Teaching continues, lecturers have switched to distance learning and continue to supervise students to ensure teaching and learning performance.
Diploma Examinations and Concerts
- We expect to be able to hold all diploma examinations and concerts from the beginning of May, albeit certainly in a slightly different form than usual (possibly without an audience, etc.). There must be sufficient time for rehearsals and preparation. We are doing everything we can to ensure that students will be able to take a regular degree in 2020. Of course we follow the instructions of the authorities regarding public and private events.