5th international conference on Soil, Bio- and Eco-Engineering SBEE 21-25 June 2021
As in the preceding SBEE conference series, we will bring together researchers, practitioners, geotechnical and civil engineers, biologists, ecologists, geomorphologists and foresters to discuss current problems in soil-resource sustainability, soil erosion and slope-stability research, and how to address these problems using soil, bio- and eco-engineering techniques.
– Main conference: Museum of natural history, Bernastrasse 15, 3005 Bern, Switzerlarnd | Tool and practical courses: BFH-HAFL, Länggasse 85, 3052 Zollikofen, Switzerland.
Conference topics include:
- Root-soil interactions and distribution
- Root reinforcement
- Soil erosion and conservation
- Riverbank and coastline protection measures
- Slope stability modelling
- Effects of vegetation on hillslope hydrology
- Bioengineering, ecology and biodiversity
- Eco-DRR measures, protection forests, and soil bioengineering
- Risk management and decision support systems
- Benefits and liabilities in slope and erosion control
- Place Main conference: Museum of natural history, Bernastrasse 15, 3005 Bern, Switzerlarnd | Tool and practical courses: BFH-HAFL, Länggasse 85, 3052 Zollikofen, Switzerland.
- Status Early-bird registration: Those who register for the event by April 30th will be able to take advantage of a discount on the ticket.
- Costs Conference fee in Bern: CHF 500 (late registration: 650) | Online conference fee: CHF 250 (late registration: 350) | Conference dinner: CHF 60 | Excursions: CHF 150 | Post-conference courses: CHF 250 (late registration: 350)
We kindly ask all participants to book their accommodation through the following link: