Taking Action Now – how does applied research address the food and climate emergency? 15 June 2021
The HAFL Hugo P. Cecchini Institute for International Cooperation and Development second annual event will focus on two pressing and closely interlinked challenges – the food and climate emergency. It will explore how the activities and applied research of the Cecchini Institute and its partners address this global emergency.
15.06.2021, 2pm-6pm – mixed hybrid format
BFH-HAFL’s and partners' contribution to the UN Food Systems Summit 2021
Organised partly in three parallel sessions, the theme of the event will be aligned with the Action Tracks of the UN Food Systems Summit and allow for discussion of topics such as:
- sustainable agricultural, agroforestry and food production systems
- value chains, markets and food economics
- the role of sustainable consumption patterns
- vulnerabilities and resilience in times of crisis, emergency and urgency.
Dr Lynnette M. Neufeld, Director, Knowledge Leadership at GAIN Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition.
With the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, this annual meeting will be hosted in a mixed hybrid format to allow for maximum participation, thereby also embracing currently emerging future ways of collaboration.
- Start date 15.06.2021, 2pm-6pm
- Place mixed hybrid format
- Costs free