- Summer school
Mont-Soleil 2022 8 — 13 August 2022
Bern University of Applied Sciences organizes in collaboration with Société Mont-Soleil and the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne the PhD Summer School Mont-Soleil from 8 – 13 August 2022 in Switzerland. The topic of the PhD Summer School is “Field-Based Insights into the Implementation of Renewable Energies“.
08.08.2022 until 13.08.2022 – Bern, Mont-Soleil, Biel, Neuchâtel, Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch
- Start date 08.08.2022
- End date 13.08.2022
- Place Bern, Mont-Soleil, Biel, Neuchâtel, Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch
- Application deadline 30.04.2022
- Costs See the application form
The course will take place at University of Bern, in the Mont-Soleil region and at the BFH Energy Storage Research Centre. The optional post conference program will take participants to Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch for a visit to the High Altitude Research Lab. We invite 24 excellent PhD and advanced master students from all over Europe to participate.
The summer PhD school will be held on Mont-Soleil above the city of Saint-Imier in the Western part of Switzerland. Production, distribution and application of renewable energies can be shown in a directly perceptible way since all adequate facilities are concentrated on and around Mont-Soleil in a unique manner. Lectures and workshops will take place in the visitor center, with top experts from internationally renowned universities as well as from industries in the field of renewable energies. Hotel accommodation will be organized in a unique mountain hotel on Mont-Soleil.
Check-in at University of Bern. Climate and Environmental Physics
Photovoltaics and Hydropower, Mont-Soleil
Wind Energy, Mont-Soleil
Energy Storage and Advanced PV Technologies, BFH Energy Storage Research Center Biel/Bienne
Electrical Grid Integration
Transfer to Grindelwald, Glacier retreat and district heating
High Altitude Research Station Jungfraujoch
- Dr. Martin Pfisterer, Co-chairman / President Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Prof. hon. Alfred Rufer, Co-chairman / EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Christian Ochsenbein, Co-chairmann / Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel, Switzerland
- Prof. Thomas Stocker, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Prof. Markus Leuenberger, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Matthias Burri, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Burgdorf, Switzerland
- Prof. Christof Bucher, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Burgdorf, Switzerland
- Andreas Stettler, managing director Swiss Hydro Association, Baden, Switzerland
- Cédric Zbinden, CEO La Goule SA, Saint-Imier, Switzerland
- Sara Koller, Head Wind & Ice, Meteotest, Bern
- Monique Voumard, plant information manager Mont Soleil, BKW, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Vezzini, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel, Switzerland
- Dr. Priscilla Caliandro, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel, Switzerland
- David Guralnick, Switzerland Innovation Park Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Prof. Christophe Ballif, PV-Lab, EPFL, Neuchâtel
- Matthieu Boccard, PV-Lab, EPFL, Neuchâtel
- Cédric Spielhofer, CEO Fromageries Spielhofer, Saint-Imier, Switzerland
- Prof. Mario Paolone, Distributed Electrical Systems Lab, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Drazen Dujic, Power Electronics Laboratory, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Stefan Schori, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel, Switzerland
- Prof. Markus Leuenberger, President, University of Berne, Switzerland
Only PhD and Master students will be admitted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Summer School.