Public Health & Physiotherapy Related Health Economics Group
Using state-of-the-art health economic (modeling) approaches, we conduct research aiming at a better understanding of the Cost-of-Illness of different disorders and to evaluate Cost-Effectiveness or Cost-Utility of public-health interventions and (new) physiotherapy-related treatment approaches.
This group is working together with
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Antwerp University
- Institute of Health Economics at Bern University of Applied Sciences
No project found.
Selected journal publications
- Lutz N, Taeymans J, Ballmer C, Verhaeghe N, Clarys P, Deliens T. Cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit of worksite health promotion programs in Europe: a systematic review. Eur J Public Health. 2019 Jun 1;29(3):540-546. doi: 10.1093/eurpub/cky269. Erratum in: Eur J Public Health. 2019 Apr 1;29(2):380. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30608540
- Koenig I, Moetteli C, Luginbuehl H, Radlinger L, Kuhn A, Taeymans J. Cost-of-illness in females with stress urinary incontinence living in a German speaking part of Switzerland. The Journal of Evidence and Quality in Health Care (submitted)
- Lutz N, Deliens T, Peter C, Verhaeghe N, Taeymans J. Cost-of-illness in females with stress urinary incontinence living in a German speaking part of Switzerland. The Journal of Evidence and Quality in Health Care (submitted)
- Hens W, Vissers D, Taeymans J, Verhaeghe N, Gielen J, Van Gaal L. Unsupervised exercise training cannot improve the metabolic health or phenotype over a 6-month dietary intervention: a randomised controlled trial with an embedded economic analysis. J Phys (submitted)
- Hens W, Vissers D, Annemans L, Gielen J, Van Gaal L, Taeymans J, Verhaeghe N. Health-related costs in a sample of premenopausal non-diabetic overweight or obese females in Antwerp region: a cost-of-illness analysis. Arch Public Health. 2018 Jul 30;76:42. doi: 10.1186/s13690-018-0285-1. eCollection 2018. https://archpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13690-018-0285-1
- Hens W, Vissers D, Annemans L, Gielen J, Van Gaal L, Taeymans J. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Exercise in Addition to Diet on the Reduction of Ectopic Fat in Women with Overweight Study Protocol for a Randomised Controlled Trial. physioscience 2017; 13(02): 80-87 DOI: 10.1055/s-0035-1567190
- Taeymans J, Pfeiffer F. Health Economic Evaluations of Physiotherapeutic Interventions. physioscience 2017; 13(01): 9-16 DOI: 10.1055/s-0035-1567152
- The research group organized a 3-day workshop about health-economic evaluations on invitation of Antwerp University - Faculty of Health Sciences (May, 2018).
- The module of “Health Economic Evaluation of Physiotherapy Interventions” (Module responsibility: Dr. Jan Taeymans) of the MSc in Physiotherapy education program was nominated finalist for the 2018 ZHAW contest for best teaching.