In research and education in the Department of Health, Bern University of Applied Sciences, the PIONEERS Project aims to systematically develop, build up and evaluate service user involvement using the method of action research.
- Lead department School of Health Professions
- Institute Nursing
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.07.2015 - 30.04.2017
- Project management Caroline Gurtner
- Head of project Caroline Gurtner
Prof. Dr. Sabine Hahn
Eidgenössisches Büro für die Gleichstellung von Menschen mit Behinderungen
University of Central Lancashire, UCLAN
- Keywords systematic, service user involvement, research & education, action research, participation
1) Participation of service users within the Project 2) Establishing a user led group for involvement 3) Guidelines for user involvement
The PIONEERS project has created the necessary foundation for future professional development in involving patients in research, education and further education across all disciplines, in the Department of Health. This included the development of a specific departmental guideline, as well as detailed job profiles which were focused upon patient involvement. Additionally, a group consisting of persons having personal experience with illness, was established.
Collaboration with patients within the Department of Health in research and education, will be promoted and expanded upon in the future. Researchers and lecturers will benefit from specific internal training and education.