Evaluation of the e-Accessibility Action Plan
The project evaluates the impact of the measures taken under the E-Accessibility Action Plan 2015-2017 to implement e-accessibility in the federal administration.
- Lead department Business School
- Institute Institute for Digital Technology Management
- Research unit Digtial Innovation and Transformation
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 15.11.2017 - 31.07.2018
- Project management Angelina Dungga Winterleitner
- Head of project Angelina Dungga Winterleitner
Prof. Dr. Jonathan Bennett
Prof. Dr. Léonard Kwuida
Prof. Dr. Eduard Klein
- Partner Eidgenössisches Büro für die Gleichstellung von Menschen mit Behinderungen
- Keywords E-Accessibility, Accessibility, Digitisation, People with disabilities
The aim of the project is to identify and demonstrate the need for action for the implementation of e-accessibility in the federal administration.
Course of action
The project evaluates the E-Accessibility Action Plan 2015-2017. It uses existing audits as well as the results of a quantitative online survey and qualitative interviews with representatives of the federal administration conducted in January 2018 and March/April 2018 to determine the status of Internet accessibility and the need for action for the implementation of e-accessibility in the federal administration.
The evaluation showed that the action plan hast set the right course for ensuring accessible public information and services, but that there are still many challenges ahead. There is a particular need for action in relation to contents with a high editorial part, easy language and sign language as well as to digital transactions.