ISCB Final Phase (November 2017 to October 2019)
ISCB is a bilateral research and product development programme, jointly funded and steered by the Indian and Swiss Government (Department of Biotechnology in New Delhi and Swiss Agency for Development & Cooperation in Bern and New Delhi).
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft (Bundesverwaltung)
- Duration 01.11.2017 - 31.01.2020
- Project management Rahel Wyss
- Head of project Rahel Wyss
Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Direktion für Entwicklung und Zusammenarbeit DEZA
Technology Avancement Unit (TAU)
- Keywords Food Security, Biotechnology, Socioeconomics, Capacity Building, Partnerships
The overall goal of ISCB is to contribute towards food security in the Indian context through innovative life sciences and biotechnology approaches, supporting sustainable and climate resilient agriculture.
Course of action
Innovative biotechnological products and processes with relevance to small and marginal farmers’ needs & demands are developed and validated. Their dissemination and adoption is promoted through public and private partners. In these final two years the four networks are expected to reach final milestones in their research on pigeon pea, finger millet and cassava.