Scholarship African Forest Forum - HAFL 19/20
The African Forest Forum and HAFL will team up to identify and promote young professionals in Africa, who will do master’s studies and undertake research on forest policies and sustainable forest management.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.01.2019 - 31.12.2020
- Project management Urs Christoph Scheidegger
- Head of project Urs Christoph Scheidegger
- Keywords Forest policy, climate change, forest conservation, forest management
The aim of the project is to build African capacity in forest-related policy and management in African countries by providing opportunities for young professionals from Africa to undertake master’s degree studies at HAFL and by supporting research.
Course of action
A call for proposals is launched jointly to identify candidates for master’s studies and research proposals in the following thrusts: • Policies, responses to and impacts of climate change. • Forest governance, livelihoods and trade in forest products and services • Stakeholder capacity to respond to climate change AFF and HAFL jointly evaluate the proposals. HAFL supports winning proposals in designing and implementing the research projects.