Plattformbasierte Arbeit in der Schweiz
Platform work is a form of temporary work that connects self-employed via an app or platform with customers. We investigate what types of platfrom workers are in Switzerland and how this work impacts their private and professional life.
- Lead department Business
- Institute Institute for New Work
- Research unit New Forms of Work and Organisation
- BFH centre BFH Centre for the Digital Society
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.06.2020 - 31.05.2024
- Project management Caroline Straub
- Head of project Caroline Straub
Lorenz Frédéric Affolter
- Partner Universität Bern
- Keywords Platform work, Platform Economy
In Switzerland, the proportion of people with internet access who do gig work at least occasionally is 17 percent, according to Syndicom union. Platform work is therefore a serious phenomenon on the Swiss labour market. In close cooperation with partners from practice, we examine the experiences of platform workers in their work and private life from the perspective of work and organizational psychology as well as human resource management.
Course of action
In order to highlight the social risks and opportunities of platform work, we provide data-based recommendations for political decision-makers, unions, platforms and platform workers in order to develop a sustainable Swiss gig economy.