Sustainable development and the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are at the heart of the city walk in Bern. The website, which provides orientation, information and motivation, was technically implemented by researchers at BFH.
- Lead school School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute Institute for Data Applications and Security (IDAS)
- Research unit IDAS / Data Science and Engineering (DSE)
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.09.2021 - 31.03.2022
- Project management Prof. Dr. Michael Röthlin
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Michael Röthlin
- Partner Plattform Agenda 2030
- Keywords Sustainability; SDGs; City tour; Content Management Systems
As part of the project entitled "Stadtspaziergang Nachhaltigkeit" (City Walk on Sustainability), walking tours on sustainable development topics and specifically the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were to be offered in urban areas in the city of Bern, supported by a website.
Course of action
The implementation of the overall solution took place in the following phases - Preparation of website design - Graphic design of the website - Acquisition of content - Test operation - Productive operation
The website was successfully implemented, provided with content by the clients and is now accessible via https://www.sdg-walk.ch since November 2021. In addition to general information on the SDGs, it offers elaborately prepared site-specific information on selected locations and projects in the city of Bern, which show very concretely what already exists - and is possible - in the area of sustainability.
The solution provided allows the operators of the "Agenda 2030 Platform" to maintain a secure operation and to easily expand the content of the information offered.