RAMOS - radar-based mobility behavior analysis
QUMEA has developed an innovative mobility radar monitoring system for hospitals and care facilities. The project explores new indicators for early detection of mobility and behavioural change.
- Lead school School of Health Professions
- Institute Nursing
- Research unit Field of Innovation – Technology and Health
- Funding organisation Innosuisse
- Duration (planned) 01.07.2022 - 30.06.2024
- Project management Prof. Dr. Friederike J.S. Thilo
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Friederike J.S. Thilo
Selina Noemi Burch
Marco Viktor Franz-Josef Buri
ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering
- Keywords earlydetection, monitoring, fall, cognition, behaviourchange, data-basedcare, qualityoflife, self-determination, patientsafety, discretetechnology
Falls often lead to traumatic injuries and are cost drivers in our health care system. In view of demographic change and an ageing population, fall prevention is becoming increasingly important.
Course of action
This research project aims to use the existing QUMEA millimetre-wave radar sensors and their potential, and to improve the current system to gain as much insight as possible from the radar data. Field studies will be conducted in three institutions in German-speaking Switzerland, hospital and long-term setting. Quantitative and qualitative data will be collected and analysed from the perspective of nurses, doctors, relatives and patients.