Energy data platform Canton of Berne
The energy and climate data platform of the Canton of Bern visualises energy and climate data in the cantonal territory and supports the decarbonisation of the heating sector.
- Lead school Business School
- Institute Institute for Public Sector Transformation
- Research unit Digital Sustainability Lab
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 15.07.2022 - 31.12.2022
- Project management Prof. Dr. Matthias Stürmer
- Head of project Jasmin Myriam Nussbaumer
Dominic Jonas Schweizer
- Partner Wirtschafts- Energie- und Umweltdirektion des Kantons Bern (WEU)
- Keywords energy, decarbonisation, data platform, visualisation, heat, heating, greenhouse gas balance
The data can be displayed, compiled and exported at municipality and building level according to a variety of criteria. The platform is initially available as a pilot version. The functionality and data will be continuously expanded and updated. Municipalities, planners and building owners thus have an instrument at their disposal to achieve the targeted climate neutrality by 2050.