Automotive engineers deal with all the different facets of mobility: development, design and construction of vehicles and engines, together with engine optimisation, and safety, economy and ecology issues. This course, the only one of its kind in Switzerland, introduces students to a subject area which is both fascinating and challenging.
Training focuses on vehicle engineering supplemented by general education, mathematics, natural and economic sciences. Laboratory work enables theoretical knowledge to be converted into practical experience.
A choice of two study specialisations is available. Technology and services provides broad automotive engineering training. The topics of management, vehicle electricals, vehicle mechanics and internal combustion engines play a key role. In the vehicle construction specialisation, design and mechatronics are central issues.
|Title / Qualification||Bachelor of Science in Automotive Engineering|
|Main study subjects/ specialisations|
|Program study options||Full-time|
|Language(s) of instruction||German / French|
|Campus(es)||Biel and Vauffelin|
|Course begins||Week 38|
|Deadline for applications||Application deadline for the Bachelor program|
|Subsequent Master program||Master of Science in Engineering|
Prospects for the employment of automotive engineers are excellent. Many companies in Switzerland develop, build and maintain commercial vehicles, construction and agricultural machinery, together with all kinds of special vehicles for transport by land, water and air.
Possible areas of employment:
- Automobile supply industry (development, construction, production)
- Vehicle import (technical services, training, area management)
- Vehicle construction (development, construction, technical sales)
- Engineering services (development, construction, consultancy)
- Garage business (management, technical management, as owner-manager)
- Accident analysis (as independent accident analyst, accident analysis department with insurance companies), public sector (federal government, road traffic departments, vocational schools)
- Vehicle builder (in all areas of development, testing, construction, production)