Master of Science in Physiotherapy
The aim of the study course MSc in Physiotherapy is to train physiotherapy specialists. During the course, the students will extend their clinical expertise, broaden their knowledge of evidence-based physiotherapy and will be trained in the use of research methodologies. By completing their traineeships as members of research teams and practices, students will have the opportunity to network during their studies and learn new approaches and perspectives from well-known Swiss and foreign lecturers.
|Title / Qualification||Master of Science in Physiotherapy|
|Program study options||Full or part-time/in conjunction with a job|
|Language(s) of instruction||German and English|
|Campus(es)||Bern and Winterthur|
|Course begins||Week 38|
|Deadline for applications||Application deadline for the Master program|
|Co-operations||Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW|
An MSc degree opens up various perspectives for working in new fields and represents, depending on the selected specialisation, an important qualification that will enable physiotherapists with the MSc to also assume the tasks of an Advanced Practice Physiotherapist (APP). Course graduates will be able
- to work as physiotherapy specialists capable of independently treating and assessing complex clinical problems in a broad theoretical context, and handle these in a manner to suit the patients' needs and requirements;
- to act as experts in their field to help transfer new, clinically-relevant knowledge to practice, for example, by means of the development and implementation of evidence-based clinical treatment concepts;
- to teach in Bachelor and continuing education study courses;
- to conduct research and work in the planning, acquisition, execution and publication of research projects;
- to subsequently work towards acquiring a doctorate in natural sciences.