- Évènement pour spécialistes
Summer School Mont-Soleil 09. - 14. August 2021
Bern University of Applied Sciences organizes in collaboration with Société Mont-Soleil and the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne the PhD Summer School Mont-Soleil from 09. – 14.8.2021 in Switzerland. The topic of the PhD Summer School is “Field-Based Insights into the Implementation of Renewable Energies“.
09.08.2021 jusqu'à 14.08.2021 – Bern, Mont-Soleil, Nidau, (Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch)
PhD Summer School Mont-Soleil 2020 must be cancelled and postponed to 2021
Unfortunately, the Covid-19 regulations still in force at the universities make it impossible to provide physical group lessons in practical fieldwork using real existing renewable energy technologies on a 1:1 scale. Despite strong interest from energy doctoral students from home and abroad, the PhD Summer School Mont-Soleil, which is focused on practical fieldwork, has to be cancelled this year.
The organizers - EPFL Lausanne, BFH Biel and the Mont-Soleil Society - have decided to hold the popular doctoral school next year from 9 to 14 August 2021.
The organization team would like to give all accepted participants of this year's summer school the chance to participate next year as well. Please contact me if you want to participate for 2021.
Stay healthy and we are looking forward to seeing you next year.
The course will take place at University of Bern, in the Mont-Soleil region and at the BFH Energy Storage Research Centre. The optional post conference program will take participants to Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch for a visit to the High Altitude Research Lab. We invite 24 excellent PhD and advanced master students from all over Europe to participate.
The summer PhD school will be held on Mont-Soleil above the city of Saint-Imier in the Western part of Switzerland. Production, distribution and application of renewable energies can be shown in a directly perceptible way since all adequate facilities are concentrated on and around Mont-Soleil in a unique manner. Lectures and workshops will take place in the visitor center, with top experts from internationally renowned universities as well as from industries in the field of renewable energies. Hotel accommodation will be organized in a unique mountain hotel on Mont-Soleil.
Check-in at University of Bern. Climate and Environmental Physics
Photovoltaics and Hydropower, Mont-Soleil
Wind Energy, Mont-Soleil
Energy Storage and Advanced PV Technologies
Electrical Grid Integration
Transfer to Grindelwald
High Altitude Research Centre Jungfraujoch
- Dr. Martin Pfisterer, Co-chairman / President Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Prof. hon. Alfred Rufer, Co-chairman / EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Thomas Stocker, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Dr. Rudolf Minder, Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Dr. Jakob Vollenweider, Société Mont-Soleil, Switzerland
- Thomas Schott, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Burgdorf, Switzerland
- Christian Ochsenbein, technical engineer and member of the boat crew
- Aline Coulot, Swiss Small Hydro Association
- Andreas Stettler, Head of Hydroelectric Power Plants, BKW
- Cédric Zbinden, CEO La Goule SA
- Dr. Mathieu Boccard, CSEM / EPFL, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Sara Koller, Meteotest, Bern, Switzerland
- Dr. Jiannong Fang, Wind Engineering and Renewable Energy Lab, EPFL, Switzerland
- Dr. Ndaona Chokani, Laboratory for Energy Conversions, ETH Zurich
- Dr. Priscilla Caliandro, Berne Universtiy of Applied Sciences, Biel/Bienne
- Dr. Laure-Emmanuelle Perret, EPFL/Compàz, Neuchâtel
- Beat Guggisberg, Head of global engineering, ABB Switzerland Transportation
- Prof. Mario Paolone, Distributed Electric Systems Lab, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Drazen Dujic, Power Electronics Laboratory, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Michael Höckel, Power Systems Lab, Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Cédric Spielhofer, CEO Fromageries Spielhofer, Saint-Imier, Switzerland
- Dr. Andreas Hutter, PV-Center, CSEM, Neuchâtel, Switzerland
- Prof. Andrea Vezzini, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel/Bienne, Switzerland
- Prof. Markus Leuenberger, President, University of Berne, Switzerland
- Date de début 09.08.2021
- Date de fin 14.08.2021
- Lieu Bern, Mont-Soleil, Nidau, (Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch)
- Délai d'inscription 30.05.2021
Only PhD and Master students will be admitted.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Summer School.