Dynamic Contour Tonometer Lens, Measurements of Diurnal Intraocular Pressure During Day and Night
Glaucoma is an eye disease resulting in blindness. The intraocular pressure (IOP) is thus the highest risk factor for this disease. The decrease of IOP by medication is currently the only possibility to counteract glaucoma progression.
- Département HESB | Technique et informatique
- Pôle de recherche Human Centered Engineering
- Champ de recherche Human Centered Engineering
- Organisme de financement Innosuisse
- Durée 01.05.2012 - 30.09.2013
- Direction du projet Marcel Jacomet
- Partenaires - établissements de recherche, y c. BFH FHNW
- Mots-clés Glaucoma, IOP, Intraocular Pressure, Data Logger, RFID Sensors
Our industrial partner has successfully filed a patent for IOP measuring based on dedicated contact lenses to allow for long term measuring periods. Based on this patent the complete IOP measuring system is to be developed. It is composed of the dedicated lens with integrated pressure sensor and an external low power data logger controlling the electronics in the lens and compensating the pressure measurements to get the desired absolute values in sufficiently high precision.
The project goal is to develop of a diurnal pressure measuring system and helping to improve glaucoma therapy. Our pressure measuring system will be the first to measure in absolute values the IOP continuously during several hours.