Nature Conservation Programme in Macedonia-phase 2
Nature Conservation Programme is an umbrella programme that integrates all activities in the Bregalnica Region and follows a systemic approach in implementation of the interventions for nature conservation and sustainable development.
- Département HESB|Haute école des sciences agronomiques,forestières et alimentaires
- Pôle de recherche Forêt multifonctionnelle
- Champ de recherche Sciences forestières internationales
- Durée (prévue) 01.04.2017 - 31.12.2017
- Responsable du projet Jürgen Blaser
- Direction du projet Jürgen Blaser
Équipe du projet
- Partenaires - secteur privé Nature Conservation Programme
- Partenaires - établissements de recherche, y c. BFH Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, Faculty of Forestry
- Mots-clés Regional development, biodiversity, integrative forest management, Eastern Macedonia
High percentage of forest cover in the Bregalnica watershed makes it and its biodiversity a major assets in the region. Through cooperation with the Faculty of Forestry and on behalf of the Swiss Development Cooperation, HAFL is facilitating activities on preparation, promotion and implementation of a regional forest management plan, as one measure for sustainable management of natural resources.
The project goal is to strengthen and to facilitate transfer of international and Swiss expertise and knowledge on new approaches of integrative forest management to the forestry sector in Macedonia adapted to local conditions.
Knowledge sharing on integrative forest management, nature conservation and climate change through student exchange, specific trainings/tools/lectures for professors and students and development of the regional forest management plan.
Partnership is strengthened, facilitating transfer of international and Swiss expertise and knowledge on new approaches of integrated forest management to the forestry sector in Macedonia trough: block lectures at the Faculty in Skopje, presenting previous development in the project at the Macedonian day at the HAFL, developing together 2 BSc and 2 MSc thesis, initiating realization of the first Regional forest management plan in the East Region of Macedonia.
The cooperation in the scope of the Nature Conservation Programme in Macedonia and partnership between HAFL and the Faculty of Forestry in Skopje will be continued in 2018, with prospects of continuing it until 2020.