Surgery personel in the operating room: evaluation of musculoskeletal complaints and analysis of the feasibility of a work integrated stochastic whole body vibration (SR-WBV) intervention
There is no data available on work-related health aspects of surgery personel. The interdisciplinary synergies between BFH and Inselspital, University Hospital Bern are used to gain further insight.
- Département HESB | Santé
- Pôle de recherche Efficacité et durabilité dans le système de santé
- Champ de recherche Assessments, interventions, outcomes
- Durée 01.01.2012 - 30.06.2013
- Direction du projet Heiner Baur
Équipe du projet
Angela Blasimann Schwarz
Partenaires - établissements de recherche, y c. BFH
Inselspital, Universitätsspital Bern
Universität Bern, Arbeits- & Organisationspsychologie
- Mots-clés nursing & surgery personel, musculoskeletal complaints, stochastic whole body vibration
Surgery personnel in the operating room are exposed to a variety of long-term static postures during work. The project evaluates accompanying health related aspects.
1. Evaluation of musculoskeletal complaints of surgery personel. 2. analysis of effects of a work-integrated stochastic whole body vibration intervention
BFH: analysis of musculoskeletal complaints, analysis of SR-WBV interventions. Inselspital: labour organization in the operating room
Results show, that six weeks of stochastic resonance therapy in the workplace setting of surgery personnel was not able to reduce musculoskeletal pain. Nevertheless statistically significant effects on wellbeing could be observers. These effect were of small magnitude. Clinical relevance is therefore debatable. Beside that important cooperations with University partners could be established
The projects aims to initiate further projects on work-related health aspects in health profession cohorts. The network with the Inselspital is to be extended. Further project proposals are planned.