Semi-invasive 3D-Mapping System for Cardiac Arrhythmias
In case interventional treatment of arrhythmias is indicated, the planning oft he intervention relies on the type of arrhythmias diagnosed based on standard ECG. The diagnostic accuracy is however limited. We complement it by esophagus ECG.
- Département HESB | Technique et informatique
- Pôle de recherche Human Centered Engineering
- Champ de recherche Human Centered Engineering
- Organisme de financement FNS
- Durée 01.05.2016 - 30.04.2019
- Direction du projet Marcel Jacomet
Équipe du projet
Partenaires - établissements de recherche, y c. BFH
- Mots-clés esophagus ECG, cardiac arrhythmias, ablation, interventional planing, 3D catheter
The signal quality of these esophageal ECGs is superior to the surface ECGs due to the proximity of the measuring electrodes to the heart’s muscle. We devise specially constructed catheters that allow a 3-dimensional description oft the heart depolarization process. We expect that our new approach outperforms the diagnostic accuracy of the 12-channel ECGs and renders itself suitable to bedside decision making by providing more detailed information on arrhythmias.
In case an interventional treatement of arrhythmias is indicated, the planing of the intervention relies on the type of arrhythmias diagnosed by standard ECG. The diagnostic accuracy is however limited. We complement it by esophagus ECG.