Miniaturized Swept Source Optical Coherence Tomography Engine (Micro SS-OCT Engine)
OCT with a resolution of 5-10 µm, lies between ultrasound imaging and microscopy. OCT is well adapted to medical applications that require high-resolution, noninvasive images of tissue morphology and short acquisition times.
- Département HESB | Technique et informatique
- Pôle de recherche Human Centered Engineering
- Champ de recherche Human Centered Engineering
- Organisme de financement Innosuisse
- Durée 01.09.2010 - 30.06.2013
- Direction du projet Christoph Meier
Équipe du projet
Tim Von Niederhäusern
- Partenaires - secteur privé Exalos AG
- Mots-clés Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Interferometry, 3D-Imaging, Medical Imaging
The objective of this project is to defend and expand the Swiss position for OCT engines by developing a complete miniaturized OCT engine, based on the newest generation of MOEMS swept sources from Exalos. Data processing is implemented in hardware to provide fully processed images in real time. This OCT engine has applications in ophthalmology, dentistry, general medical diagnostics and quality assessment in industrial production.
Developing a complete OCT engine, based on a miniaturized swept source.
Development of miniaturized OCT engines