Electromobility Solutions for Cities and Regions
We help cities and regions to provide holistic green mobility solutions that drive quality of life, competitivness and sustainable growth.
- Département HESB | Technique et informatique
- Pôle de recherche Energie, transport, mobilité
- Champ de recherche Energy, Transportation, Mobility
- Organisme de financement UE 7e programme-cadre
- Durée (prévue) 01.12.2011 - 30.11.2015
- Direction du projet Kurt Hug
- Partenaires - secteur privé Atizo AG
- Partenaires - établissements de recherche, y c. BFH Fachhochschule Gelsenkirchen
- Mots-clés Alternative Green Mobility Solutions, Sustainable Growth, Quality of Life, Competitiveness
A fast uptake of electromobility depends on appropriate regional infrastructures, a shift in user patterns, and intelligent vehicle-use concepts embedded in the urban and regional transport environment. Ten partners, thereof six research-driven clusters, from six neighbouring countries - in total 846 companies, 28 research organizations, 27 public authorities and 31 regional stakeholders - join forces to facilitate sustainable future mobility solutions.
Overall goal of ELMOs is promotion of sustainable transport through development of electromobility solutions for cities and regions. The project contributes to enhance regional capacities fostering a sustainable transport-related economy.
Business Models: Rethinking value creation (Automotive, Energy and ICT) Cross Innovation: Innovative, efficient and affordable (Elaboration of opportunities) Intermodality: Seamless transitions (Usage patterns for intermodal transport)
By developing sustainable Electromobility Solutions (ELMO’s) for cities and regions, the project promotes electromobility and sustainable transport. Knowledge exchange concepts and cross-border joint actions are designed to improve regional capacities, facilitate standardization and foster implementation of new business models. ELMO’s focuses on systematic mapping and analysis of regional electromobility landscapes, their knowledge and integration in local economies.