Girls and Technology: A first step in the identification of attributes in technology that are
conducive to the engagement of girls and women in its usage.
- Département HESB | Economie
- Pôle de recherche New Work
- Champ de recherche Diversity and Inclusion
- Durée (prévue) 01.01.2020 - 31.12.2020
- Direction du projet Ana Fernandes
- Partenaires - établissements de recherche, y c. BFH HESB | Technique et informatique
This project aims to create a framework for interventions/experiments to identify whether technological attributes (in e.g. robots) result in differential levels of engagement between girls and boys. The experiments shall be carried out with pre-teens, possibly in schools. In particular, different interactions with robots (cooperation, competition, aesthetics) shall be investigated as to their influence in the degree of engagement of girls versus boys.