TAO Community & Collaboration
The project aims to facilitate the access of older persons to the opportunities offered by online communities. At the same time, the project harnesses the growing number of older persons to advance charitable projects of online communities.
- Lead department Business
- Additional departments Social Work
- Institute Institute for Digital Enabling
- Research unit Digital Skills
- BFH centre BFH Centre for the Digital Society
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.10.2010 - 31.12.2014
- Project management Thomas Gehrig
- Head of project Thomas Gehrig
- Keywords e-inclusion, seniors, gerontology, online communities, usability, accessibility, web 2.0
Promote older persons’ participation in online communities through appropriate measures and to foster their social integration in a sustainable way.
Course of action
The goals of the project are: (1) Development and implementation of measures for the promotion of older persons’ participation in online communities; (2)Design of a handbook for online-communities and operators of community platforms, respectively, containing effective strategies for an improved inclusion of older persons in online communities; (3) Implementation of technological solutions in community platforms in order to improve user experience.