Jasper Walgrave Doktorand
Haute école des arts de Berne
- Graduated in History, Political Sociology and Development Studies, Walgrave, born in Antwerp, Belgium in 1974, started working in the arts sector in 2000 in Portugal, coordinating collaborative projects between then Danças Na Cidade (now alkantara) and partners in Mozambique, Cabo Verde and Brazil.
Between 2003 and 2006 Walgrave was project coordinator for the SA-Flemish project for Community Arts Centres, based at the Department of Arts and Culture in Pretoria, South Africa. From 2007 until 2019, he worked for Pro Helvetia, the Swiss Arts Council, initially heading its Southern African liaison office, first in Cape Town and then Johannesburg; and later in Zurich as head of the desk managing its small network of Liaison Offices (Johannesburg, Delhi, Cairo, Shanghai, Moscow), and later of the South America programme COINCIDENCIA. Since August 2019 Walgrave is focusing on research for a PhD in a research project on Swiss-South African Cultural Relations 1949-1994, funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation SNSF, hosted by the Bern University of the Arts HKB and enrolled at the Université de Fribourg.
- 2017-2019 Head of South America exchange programme «COINCIDENCIA» Pro Helvetia, Swiss Arts Council
- 2014-2017 Head of Liaison Offices Pro Helvetia, Swiss Arts Council
- 2007-2014 Head of the Southern African liaison office Pro Helvetia, Swiss Arts Council
- 2006 Production Coordinator Alkantara Festival, Lisboa
- 2003-2006 Programme Coordinator, South African - Flemish project for Community Arts Centres VVOB Brussels, Department of Arts and Culture, Pretoria
- 2001-2002 coordination exchange programme «Dançar o que é Nosso» Festival Danças na Cidade, Lisboa
- 1998-1999 postgraduate diploma of Cooperation and Development University of Ghent
- 1997-1998 MA in Political Sociology (Complementary Studies) Université Libre de Bruxelles - ULB
- 1992-1997 MA in History Vrije Universiteit Brussel - VUB