Indo-Swiss Cassava Network
Within the Indo-Swiss Cassava Network the socio-economic study wants to propose a model for an integrated cassava seed system for improved genetic material linking formal and informal seed systems and involving the main stakeholders.
- Département responsable Haute école des sciences agronomiques, forestières et alimentaires
- Institut Agronomie
- Unité de recherche Agriculture internationale et développement rural
- Organisation d'encouragement Autres
- Durée 01.11.2017 - 31.12.2019
- Responsable du projet Dr. Karin Zbinden Gysin
- Direction du projet Dr. Karin Zbinden Gysin
Équipe du projet
Dr. Alessandra Giuliani
Prof. Dr. Urs Christoph Scheidegger
Dr. Karin Zbinden Gysin
- Partenaire ISCB Indo-Swiss Collaboration in Biotechnology
- Mots-clés cassava seed system, industrial cassava production, planting material distribution system
The impact will be 1-3 model(s) of an efficient seed distribution system and availability of, among others, CMD resistant lines to the stakeholders in manner that will have to be further improved and tested by the stakeholders over time.
Based on a literature research and meetings with experts 1-3 model(s) will be sketched and discussed / validated together with Southern Indian stakeholders in the cassava development, multiplication, production and processing sector: scientists, extension service, farmers, farmers' associations, cassava industrials, and experts from seed companies. The model will be further developed and discussed during meetings with experts and within the ISCB Cassava Network.