CEA Transboundary Water Governance Mekong
The mandate consisted in assessing the value for money of the project, by performing a cost benefit / cost effectiveness analysis.
- Département responsable Haute école des sciences agronomiques, forestières et alimentaires
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Unité de recherche Agriculture internationale et développement rural
- Organisation d'encouragement Autres
- Durée (prévue) 01.04.2021 - 31.08.2021
- Responsable du projet Dominique Guenat
- Direction du projet Dominique Guenat
Équipe du projet
Karin Zbinden Gysin
- Partenaire Oxfam Australia
- Mots-clés Economic and financial analysis; cost benefit analysis; cost effectiveness analysis; water governance; women's leadership;
Now in its second phase, Oxfam and partner organizations have been implementing the project “Investing in Women’s Leadership and Civil Society Organisation Engagement in Trans-boundary River Water Governance in the Mekong Region” for several years, supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) since 2019. Transboundary by nature of the Mekong river, the project is working in Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Experts of the Hugo P. Cecchini Institute for International Cooperation and Development at BFH-HAFL have been mandated by Oxfam to conduct an external cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA) of the project. By engaging different stakeholders and key informants, the study uses a mixed methods approach for the collection of primary and secondary data. Based on the review and analysis of the collected information, the cost-effectiveness of the project is being assessed and conclusions and recommendations, directed at the implementing organization and its funding agency, are being drawn, to inform the current as well as future interventions.
On-line survey with key project stakeholders, SWOT analysis, reference to relevant studies on environmental, social and economic impacts of hydropower stations along major rivers, and potential reduction of negative impacts thanks to the project outcomes.