Forest policy and climate change in Africa: Joint research and capacity development program AFF-HAFL
The African Forest Forum and HAFL will team up to identify and promote young professionals in Africa, who will do master’s studies and undertake research on forest policies and sustainable forest management.
- Département responsable Haute école des sciences agronomiques, forestières et alimentaires
- Institut Systèmes de produc- tion agricole éco- nomes en ressources
- Unité de recherche Agriculture internationale et développement rural
- Organisation d'encouragement Autres
- Durée 31.08.2015 - 15.03.2018
- Responsable du projet Urs Christoph Scheidegger
- Direction du projet Urs Christoph Scheidegger
Équipe du projet
Urs Christoph Scheidegger
- Partenaire African Forest Forum
- Mots-clés Forest policy, climate change, forest conservation, forest management
To build African capacity in forest-related policy and management in African countries by providing opportunities for young professionals from Africa to undertake master’s degree studies at HAFL and by supporting research.
A call for proposals is launched jointly to identify candidates for master’s studies and research proposals in the following thrusts: • Policies, responses to and impacts of climate change. • Forest governance, livelihoods and trade in forest products and services • Stakeholder capacity to respond to climate change AFF and HAFL jointly evaluate the proposals. HAFL supports winning proposals in designing and implementing the research projects.