CARE4C - Carbon smart forestry under climate change
CARE4C combines expertise and research in carbon management in forests with advanced career building qualification by teaching, training and involving ESR's. The project includes climatic zones from Mediterranean to sub-boreal areas.
- Département responsable Haute école des sciences agronomiques, forestières et alimentaires
- Institut Gestion multifonctionnelle des forêts
- Unité de recherche Production forestière
- Organisation d'encouragement Europäische Union
- Durée (prévue) 01.01.2018 - 31.12.2021
- Responsable du projet Martin Ziesak
- Direction du projet Martin Ziesak
- Mots-clés climate change, carbon sequestration /footprint, forestry, risk assessment, sustainability
CARE4C aims at substantially expanding knowledge about carbon sink by forest growth and carbon source by forest operations in order to enable carbon smart forestry under climate change.
The forest types of interest include pure/ mixed stands as well as complex structured close to nature forests. We track climate induced impacts on carbon sequestration on cell, organ, tree, landscape level. For a broad spectrum of forest types and management approaches we measure and compile information about carbon sink/ source, model the carbon balance, take into account economics and derive carbon smart forest management options under climate change .
Extension to iFOS; proposal for a standardized protocol for fuel consumption analysis in forest operation.