SWITCH InnoLab SSI
Lifelong identities are now the standard in identity management at Swiss universities. But what comes next? The trend is moving toward decentralized identities...
- Département responsable Technique et informatique
- Institut Institute for Data Applications and Security (IDAS)
- Unité de recherche ICTM / Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Centre BFH Centre BFH Digital Society
- Organisation d'encouragement Autres
- Durée (prévue) 01.09.2020 - 31.10.2020
- Responsable du projet Gerhard Hassenstein
- Direction du projet Annett Laube-Rosenpflanzer
- Partenaire Switch
- Mots-clés Identity Management, IAM, Self-Sovereign Identities
Digital identities are the basis of a digitized university. SWITCH has been providing the SWITCHaai infrastructure for this purpose since 1999. At the moment, the migration to the SWITCH edu-ID, which is based on a central lifelong identity, is underway.
In this SWITCH Innovation Lab researchers will assess the current state of Self-Sovereign Identities, develop an architecture blueprint for its use in the higher education explore potential roles for SWITCH.