SWITCH InnoLab SSI
Lifelong identities are now the standard in identity management at Swiss universities. But what comes next? The trend is moving toward decentralized identities...
- Lead department Engineering and Information Technology
- Institute Institute for Data Applications and Security (IDAS)
- Research unit IDAS / Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- BFH centre BFH Centre for the Digital Society
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.09.2020 - 30.11.2020
- Project management Gerhard Hassenstein
- Head of project Annett Laube-Rosenpflanzer
- Keywords Identity Management, IAM, Self-Sovereign Identities
Digital identities are the basis of a digitized university. SWITCH has been providing the SWITCHaai infrastructure for this purpose since 1999. At the moment, the migration to the SWITCH edu-ID, which is based on a central lifelong identity, is underway.
Course of action
In this SWITCH Innovation Lab researchers will assess the current state of Self-Sovereign Identities, develop an architecture blueprint for its use in the higher education explore potential roles for SWITCH.