The core of RECONOMY is using current knowledge and practices and encouraging learning and sharing between countries.
- Lead-Departement Hochschule für Agrar-, Forst- und Lebensmittelwissenschaften
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Forschungseinheit Internationale Landwirtschaft und ländliche Entwicklung
- Förderorganisation Andere
- Laufzeit (geplant) 01.05.2023 - 31.12.2023
- Projektverantwortung Zenebe Uraguchi
- Projektleitung Zenebe Uraguchi
- Projektmitarbeitende Zenebe Uraguchi
- Partner Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation
- Schlüsselwörter Access to markets and value chains;Society, policy and rural development;Climate change mitigation and adaptation;Project cycle management and impact assessment;Capacity building;Curriculum developmen
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation partnered with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) to facilitate an inclusive and green economic development program in the Eastern Partnership and the Western Balkan regions. The name of the program, RECONOMY, stands for ‘starting afresh’, revitalizing the transitioning economies in the two regions. The core of RECONOMY is using current knowledge and practices and encouraging learning and sharing between countries. The program accomplishes this by involving a variety of stakeholders, including public institutions, nonprofits, academia, and businesses. While doing so, the program focuses on common issues that countries of both regions face as well as shared actors that may step up and support systemic improvements. Since RECONOMY acknowledges that people live in countries, not regions, the program looks at local-regional processes and relationships. Without a place-sensitive frame of view, development efforts that ignore these facts frequently fall short.