Support to OneMap Myanmar
In collaboration with CDE Myanmar, HAFL carries out a scenario analysis to test various political regimes and their potential outcomes on ecosystem services in Tanintharyi Region. The analysis will result in a peer-reviewed publication.
- Lead-Departement Hochschule für Agrar-, Forst- und Lebensmittelwissenschaften
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Forschungseinheit Waldpolitik und internationales Waldmanagement
- Förderorganisation Andere
- Laufzeit 01.03.2021 - 31.12.2021
- Projektverantwortung Dr. Mélanie Feurer
- Projektleitung Dr. Mélanie Feurer
- Projektmitarbeitende Dr. Mélanie Feurer
- Partner CDE - Centre for Development and Environment
During Mélanie Feurer's PhD, she developed ecosystem service models for one of the target areas of the OneMap Myanmar project. Unfortunately, after a military coup in the country the project had to phase out early and therefore aimed to finalize more outreach materials. In order to make further use of the previously developed models and account for the current conflict in Myanmar, it was decided to apply the models for a political scenario analysis to determine potential outcomes for nature and people in Tanintharyi.
The project will result in one peer-reviewed publication. The manuscript is planned to be submitted by the end of March 2022.