Dr. Muhammad Rafiq Khan Kakar
Dr. Muhammad Rafiq Khan Kakar Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
School of Architecture, Wood and Civil Engineering
Leading Science & Technology funded Projects; Supervision of MSE students thesis; Conducting research; Establishing and developing test procedures
- Professional skills: Road Maintenance execution, Budgeting and Tendering process, Government policies
for road infrastructure.
Materials related skills: Characterization & testing of bitumen; Bitumen rheology; Thermal analysis of
Bitumen; Design of bituminous mixtures and modification; Warm mix asphalt characterization; Composite
materials; Heat transfer; Phase change materials; Development and improvement of standard
and conventional testing of asphaltic materials; Waste plastic modification of asphalt mixtures.
Characterization of bitumen/materials: Rheometer; All conventional bitumen test; UTM; DSC; TGA;
Optical microscopy; FTIR; GPC; AFM.
Computer based Programme: Auto Cad; Microsoft office (word, excel, power point, front page); MS
Project; SPSS; Minitab; RSM; Windows (Operating Systems).
- 2017 - 2020 Post-Doctoral Research Scientist Empa, Swiss Federal Laboratories for Material Science and Technology
- 2016 - 2016 Deputy Director: Principle investigator, Training team coordinator Highway Research & Training Center, Burhan, NHA, Pakistan
- 2007 - 2015 Assistant/Deputy Director: Road Maintenance Engineer (Assistant to Director Highways) National Highway Authority of Pakistan, NHA, Pakistan
- 2011 - 2015 PhD (Civil Engineering), Asphalt Technology School of Civil Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia
- 2008 - 2010 Master of Engineering (Transportation Engineering) NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan
- 2003 - 2006 Bachelor of Science (Civil Engineering) University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Member of Rilem TC-279-WMR : Valorisation of Waste and Secondary Materials for Roads
Member of Pakistan Engineering Council (Registration number: Civil/26291)
Member of Sustainable Asphalt Research Group, University Sains Malaysia
Fellow Member of Institute of Research Engineers and Doctors, USA
Member of Universal Association of Civil, Structural And Environmental Engineers
Research publication in the year 2014, 2015 & 2016: Universiti Sains Malaysia.
2011: University grant scheme: Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia
2015: University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
Samuel Mazor Low temperature moisture related performances of open graded asphalt mixtures 2021