- Research Project
International procurement risk management
The project is developing iBERIMA, a tool with which Swiss companies can identify, evaluate and monitor the risks of international procurement.
- Lead department School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute Mobile Informationsgesellschaft
- Research unit ICT-Based Management
- Funding organisation Innosuisse
- Duration (planned) 01.02.2019 - 31.01.2021
- Project management Paul Ammann
- Head of project Paul Ammann
- Keywords Procurement, international, sourcing, risk, risk management, SME
Few companies today practise a systematic management of procurement risks. As a result, they face a high exposure to risks in international sourcing. The goal of the project is to develop the procurement risk management tool iBERIMA, which enables Swiss companies to identify, assess and monitor the risks of international procurement.
To develop the tool IBERIMA for the purpose of identifying, evaluating, monitoring and tracking international procurement risks
Besides the many opportunities it presents, sourcing abroad also entails risks for Swiss companies. The results of the survey ‘Dealing with international procurement risks’ show where Swiss companies are particularly conscious of risks.