Management of the Secretariat of the Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR)
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals interested in agricultural research for developing countries.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit International agriculture and rural development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.01.2010 - 31.12.2018
- Project management Felix Hintermann
- Head of project Felix Hintermann
Bettina Stäubli Dreyer
Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture
Bundesamt für Landwirtschaft BLW
Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- Keywords agricultural research, Switzerland, developing country, information exchange, networking
The HAFL is mandated to manage the SFIAR Secretariat with the aim to strengthen the network of Swiss agricultural research for development and to improve its visibility.
Course of action
(1) SFIAR Website: Information platform of Switzerland on agricultural research for development, (2) Management of the SFIAR Award for innovative agricultural research for development, (3) General secretariat support for the SFIAR, (4) Representation of SFIAR in the European Forum on Agricultural Research for Development (EFARD).