Art history and art technology are based upon the critical examination of historical sources, namely writings and images.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Materiality in Art and Culture
- Research unit Technology in Art and Culture
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.06.2015 - 31.05.2018
- Project management Prof. Dr. Anne Krauter Kellein
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Anne Krauter Kellein
Prof. Dr. Anne Krauter Kellein
Projektteam Kritische Quellenedition
Institut f. Kunstgeschichte, Uni Bern
Max-Planck-Institut f. Wissenschaftsgeschichte
These sources provide us with knowledge about the circumstances and conditions in which artworks have been made, what materials have been used and what workshop practices have been applied.
Course of action
This interdisciplinary research project aims to improve the level of information about texts and illustrations related to art technology that are held in Swiss libraries and graphic art collections. The partners in this project are therefore consciously engaged in a dialogue between art technology and art history. They understand these two fields as explicitly related branches of research and practice in art studies. This project will provide new information and data to the existing international network for research into art technology sources.