In this KTI feasibility study, a prototype is being developed for a mobile device that is intended to help patients at risk of falling – or those who already have experience of falls – to train their balance effectively.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Additional schools School of Health Professions
Institute Practices and Theories in the Arts
- Research unit Art as Research: artistic creation and epistemologies
- Funding organisation Innosuisse
- Duration 01.09.2015 - 31.10.2016
- Project management Manuel Schüpfer
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Priska Gisler
Prof. Dr. Priska Gisler
Prof. Dr. Amir Tal
It is intended to be suitable for use in physiotherapy. In dynamic balance training, the device should help to prevent falls among elderly people prone to them. The set will comprise a smartphone, older, smartphone application and a head-mounted display. It will enable visual biofeedback to help correct the body as it sways away from its centre of mass. The study aims to prove its applicability and its relevance in a training situation.