Entwicklung eines mobilen Gerätesets für den Einsatz im dynamischen Gleichgewichtstraining
In this KTI feasibility study, a prototype is being developed for a mobile device that is intended to help patients at risk of falling – or those who already have experience of falls – to train their balance effectively.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Additional departments Health Professions
Institute Practices and Theories in the Arts
- Research unit Art as Research: artistic creation and epistemologies
- BFH centre BFH Centre for Arts in Context
- Funding organisation Innosuisse
- Duration 01.09.2015 - 31.10.2016
- Project management Manuel Schüpfer
- Head of project Priska Gisler
It is intended to be suitable for use in physiotherapy. In dynamic balance training, the device should help to prevent falls among elderly people prone to them. The set will comprise a smartphone, older, smartphone application and a head-mounted display. It will enable visual biofeedback to help correct the body as it sways away from its centre of mass. The study aims to prove its applicability and its relevance in a training situation.