This project intended to investigate music theatre productions that had their world premieres at the Munich Biennale in 2016, including the HKB production The Navidson Records by the director Till Wyler von Ballmoos.
- Lead department Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Interpretation
- Research unit Intersection of Contemporary Music
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration 01.02.2016 - 31.03.2017
- Project management Leopold Dick
- Head of project Leopold Dick
Universität Bern, Institut für Musikwissenschaft
Münchener Biennale – Festival für zeitgenössisches Musiktheater
The primary focus of our analysis is not on work structures, but on processes and interactions that occur in the course of developing the work, more precise on the sub-aspect of the artistic approach to spoken language. The case examples are selected according to the set of criteria taht is at the basis of the hypothesis of composed theatre as formulated by Roesner/Rebstock. The projec's findings help us to further differentiate this relatively new model. In particular, we shall develop new approaches to the notions of authorship and interpretation in contemporary music theatre.