Medicine Shortages - Reframing and negotiations of agreement between key players and stakeholders
It is the declared aim of the project to bring together all the primary stakeholders in the medicines supply chain process to find an agreement on the paths towards resolution of medicines shortages in CH.
- Lead department Health Professions
- Additional departments Engineering and Information Technology
Nutrition and Dietetics
Institute for Data Applications and Security (IDAS)
- Research unit IDAS / Strategy, Technology and Innovation Management (STIM)
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration 01.10.2016 - 31.03.2020
- Project management Helena Jenzer
- Head of project Helena Jenzer
- Keywords Medicines, shortages, patients, supply chain, mulitdisciplinarity, shared responsibility
The objective is to stimulate constructive agreement between all stakeholders and to reveal any restrictive legal and economic frameworks, erroneous incentives in the supply chain, conflicts of interest, and problematic cost-benefit ratios.
Course of action
This project will make a significant contribution to strategic thinking about how to respond to product shortage problems by systematically analyzing the situation from key player perspectives. This includes knowledge-elaboration, integration, and sharing about the extent and the causal factors of shortages as well as round table negotiations with the stakeholders which will make out shared responsibilities.