Value Chain Analysis for Development Analysis of the Banana Value Chain in the D
Value Chain Analysis for Development is a 4-yr project, whose main activity will be the performance of VCA in developing countries. EU Delegation DEVCO project for evidence-based information and policy dialogue.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
- Institute Resource-efficient agricultural production systems
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration 01.12.2017 - 11.11.2019
- Project management Dr. Ingrid Fromm
- Head of project Dr. Ingrid Fromm
- Project staff Dr. Ingrid Fromm
University of Greenwich
- Keywords Fairtrade, banana, certifications, value chain
The goal of the project is to provide information for EU investment strategies and policy dialogue in developing countries. The study examines value chains from the economic, environmental and social perspective.
Course of action
For each VC analysis, an interdisciplinary team of people will work in an integrated way and with a collaborative participatory mind-set, mixing international and national expertise.
Each VCA will reply to the following framing questions: 1) what is the contribution of the VC to sustainable economic growth 2) is this economic growth inclusive? 3) is the VC socially sustainable? 4) is the VC environmentally sustainable?