Digital sub-eloxal printing with inkjet on unsealed anodised aluminium delivers high-quality, mechanically and chemically stable anodised surfaces after sealing.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute Materiality in Art and Culture
- Research unit Technology in Art and Culture
- Funding organisation Innosuisse
- Duration 01.09.2017 - 05.04.2023
- Project management Prof. Sebastian Dobrusskin
- Head of project Prof. Sebastian Dobrusskin
Mantel Digital AG
Course of action
Only the limited light resistance of the inks is currently preventing this technology from being used outdoors. In contrast to the inks available today, this project manufactures light-resistant ink sets that will contain no volatile organic compounds (VOC). In order to determine the light fastness of these new ink sets, printed samples are being tested using both accelerated exposure and natural outdoor exposure.