Counter Terrorism Communication Design
Extremist violence forms a challenge to democratic societies.
- Lead school Bern Academy of the Arts
- Institute Institute of Design Research
- Research unit Design and Rhetoric
- Funding organisation BFH
- Duration 01.01.2018 - 31.08.2019
- Project management Prof. Dr. Arne Scheuermann
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Arne Scheuermann
Prof. Dr. Jachen Curdin Nett
- Partner BFH Soziale Arbeit
Social media play a key role here, because it is only by being disseminated, validated and illustrated through the media that such extremist violence is able to become fully effective. Research in this field has until now concentrated on profiling potential jihadists. Our research project, by contrast, aims to devise proposals for the visual communication design of alternative, counter‑narratives that we might set against extremist violence in a shrewd, rhetorically informed manner.