Global Agenda for Sustainable Livestock
The Global Agenda for sustainable livestock is a multistakeholder partnership, established in 2011. Its secretariat is hosted by the Food and Agricultural Organisation of the United Nations in Rome.
- Lead school School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft (Bundesverwaltung)
- Duration 01.01.2019 - 31.07.2021
- Project management Nancy Bourgeois Luethi
- Head of project Nancy Bourgeois Luethi
Nancy Bourgeois Luethi
Prof. Dr. Beat Reidy
- Partner Bundesamt für Landwirtschaft BLW
- Keywords Sustainable livestock, FAO, environment, livelihood
The Global Agenda facilitates dialogue, assembles and communicates evidence and advocates for changes in practice and policy.
Course of action
The Agenda builds consensus on the path towards sustainability and catalyzes coherent and colletive practice change through dialogue, consultation and joint analysis. The partnership unites the forces of the public and private sectors, producers, research and academic institutions, NGOs, social movements and community-based organizations, and foundations. It adresses the following issues: - Global food security and health - Equity and growth - Resources and climate