Die «Tiere Afrikas» hinter Glas – Die Dioramen im Naturhistorischen Museum Bern
The “animals of Africa” whose skins, skulls and horns were brought to Bern from hunting expeditions al-most 100 years ago can still be admired today in the habitat dioramas of the Natural History Museum in Bern.
- Lead department Bern University of the Arts
- Institute Institute Practices and Theories in the Arts
- Research unit Art as Research: artistic creation and epistemologies
- Funding organisation SNSF
- Duration (planned) 01.09.2020 - 31.08.2024
- Project management Priska Gisler
- Head of project Priska Gisler
Schweizerischer Nationalfonds SNF
This interdisciplinary project examines how, and based on what precedents, these donations were prepared to create seemingly “living” animals, into what “landscapes” they were integrated, and how these dioramas were maintained over time.