SDC Agriculture & Food Security Network Facilitation
The Agriculture and Food Security Network of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is an important platform for knowledge management. In this mandate we support the Network in online communication and event facilitation.
- Lead department School of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences
HAFL Institut Hugo P. Cecchini
- Research unit International Agriculture and Rural Development
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.05.2020 - 30.04.2025
- Project management Felix Hintermann
- Head of project Felix Hintermann
- Partner Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation
- Keywords knowledge management, communication, community of practice, website, events, agriculture, food security; development cooperation
SDC operates various thematic Networks with the overall goal to enhance the effectiveness of SDC (co-) funded operations by improving the availability and use of individual and general knowledge. The purpose of this mandate is to provide content-related thematic and technical support to the Agriculture and Food Security Network in order to guarantee efficient and up to date communication and knowledge sharing.
The mandate foresees the following five outcomes: 1) Network newsletter published on a regular basis; 2) Web platform that provides relevant and up-to-date information in a user-friendly manner and reflects the Network's activities; 3) Network member support and monitoring; 4) Advice on innovative and tailor-made communication tools; 5) Thematic and methodological facilitation of Network events. Link: http://www.sdc-foodsecurity.ch