A microservice-based architecture for realising digital health interventions
The objective of this research project is to investigate a microservice-based system architecture in order to realise scalable and easily adaptable digital health interventions in the future.
- Lead school School of Engineering and Computer Science
- Institute Institut für Medizininformatik I4MI
- Funding organisation Others
- Duration (planned) 01.12.2022 - 30.11.2023
- Project management Prof. Dr. Kerstin Denecke
- Head of project Prof. Dr. Kerstin Denecke
- Project staff Robin Paul Glauser
- Partner INVENTUS BERN - Stiftung
- Keywords digital health interventions
Technology-wise, the landscape of digital health interventions (DHI) is manifold: Websites, mobile apps, e-mails, and social media but also devices such as Nintendo Wii Fit Plus or wearables are used to increase physical activity or for encouraging dietary intake. A limitation of existing systems is that they are basically developed for one clinical trial studying the effectiveness of a particular DHI. However, existing applications are so far not developed in a re-usable, sustainable manner.
Course of action
The project will start on a conceptual level and with the design of a concept of a microservice-based architecture. In the second phase of the project, we will implement a first service for a digital health intervention as proof of concept. A service for a behavior-change-technique will be realized in that second phase.
The project will deliver an architecture for digital health interventions as microservice-based architecture.